Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4Th of July, for us Americans, another holiday to use as an excuse for getting together with family members. Yes, that means the annoying ones too, as it's an expected part of the ritual.

I have been part of many families throughout the years. 
Some more colorful than others, but all good in their own way. As far as my own family, it has been years since I was invited anywhere. I'm working the entire weekend, but the pay is excellent, and we're having a pot luck tonight!

I can't remember one 
holiday get together with my last ex's family where there wasn't someone bitching, moaning, or complaining. This one doesn't like that ones girlfriend, and they spend the entire day talking about someone, when they are not in the same room. I'm happy to say I'm glad that is the past.

My holidays are never 
terribly special because I work most of them. I try to make time with my kids when I get the chance. I have a vacation in a few weeks and plan on going somewhere special

As for me, I remember my Dad always took us up north to 
go camping, and fishing. The same place I take my kids to every year, but I'm not one for sleeping in a tent. I much prefer a mattress under my back. I'm not getting any younger.

I hope you all enjoy the 
holiday, or your vacation this summer. Tolerate the insanity and enjoy your life to the fullest. I know I'm enjoying mine.

No comments: