Saturday, May 14, 2011

Update


I submitted a query and the first two chapters of my novel "The Bone Extractor" to an independent publisher. Now it's time to wait, and I hate it when I don't receive a confirmation email. The publisher's website looks great, and I like what they stand for, always a plus.

I'm hopeful but realistic, I have gone this route before, but this time the book is much better. It crosses many genres: thriller, suspense, and it has romantic elements, but it's not happily ever after. I think horror fans will love it too.

My aim has always been: be gruesome, but don't overdo it, be romantic, but don't let it overtake the story, be suspenseful, but stay in the realm of a thriller. I hope in the end I accomplished what I set out to do. Write a good book that you don't have to wait halfway through the book, for something exciting to happen. Most of the chapters leave you hanging and wanting to know more, and in the end, you'll still have questions. Isn't that what a good book does?

No comments: