Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Writing goals


Wow, it's 2013 already? I have my foot firmly in the publishing door now and I'm so thankful for all the readers who reached out to me. I love the emails, keep 'em coming. Here are my top ten goals for 2013 writing wise.

1. Finish what I start.
I have one book that is screaming "finish me!"

2. Publish four books.
I have a sequel with the editor and another book nearly finished. I also plan to write another sequel before the year is up.

3. Write more and chat less.
I love my friends on Facebook, but I need to learn how to pull myself away sometimes.

4. When writing always put a unique spin on it.
It's hard to be totally unique, but do your best. It's what sets you apart from the pack.

5. Try and teach writers how to engage their readers on their own Facebook page.
I do this well, but I know many who struggle with this. BE YOURSELF!

6. Be myself and stay positive.
It's not a goal but a lifestyle.

7. Step out of my comfort zone.
I'd love to stretch myself as a writer.

8. Worry less.
Writing is not a numbers games, it's pure enjoyment. If you don't love what you write, it will show.

9. Find more ways to market my books.
I'm looking into some paid ads to try it out. My books are not being seen my the masses just yet, but with more effort this could change.

10. Be a full time writer by years end.
This will be a hard stretch, but it's what I really want to be able to do, and with enough hard work, it can become a reality. Absolutely nothing in life just happens without plenty of hard work.

No comments: