Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 has been a year of changes, both personal and professional. No, I wasn't published, but I have honed my craft. I wrote four short stories that I feel are noteworthy, "Ten Thousand Souls and The Legend Of Hell Crow," being the best of the lot, both good in different ways, and both inspired by paintings or illustrations by "Nick Rose."

I have something in the works that I won't mention until it's a done deal. I'm nearly finished with my novel "The Bone Extractor," which is a work in progress. As a writer, it's so easy to get distracted and start something completely different. Working full-time, what choice do I have, and working the night shift is even harder.

I have a set of characters I'm developing for a new novel that I hope will surprise you. Not the right crime fighting duel one would expect, but they are more interesting than any I have seen. I'm starting to feel like I'm in my writing zone.

I have noticed the number "11" showing up everywhere the last si
x months and I feel it's a sign. I think 2011 is going to be an exceptional year, not just for me, but everyone.

No comments: