Sunday, November 20, 2011

Everyone is creative

I believe we all are creative in our own way.

Being creative may mean you can do one of the following:

1. Getting you kids into the car to take them to school without being late.

I for one still haven't figured out how to do this effectively. I have tried starting earlier, but I have one of those kids that seem to have a preordained way of messing with me. Everything from he can't find his clothes, sock, or shoes. Stalls about making his lunch and always needs a last minute trip to the bathroom. Why he can't pee first thing in the morning is still a mystery to me.

2. Making up excuses not to go somewhere you don't want to go.

I don't have in-laws, but that's the most common place people want to get out of going. I'm more the avoiding being home so that someone can visit type. I think they know this because they have dropped in without calling before. (I can't say I blame them.) I am so not telling you who. In my defense, I work 12-hour nightshifts, 36 hours a week. When I'm not sleeping, I'm working. I'm far too tired to deal with annoying people I barely see. (Plus, how else I'm I going to have to blog, lol.)

3. Changing your mind.

This can be quite challenging if you think about it. I have promised to do hundreds of things I never did. I don't do this intentionally and work on this all the time. I have to be constantly reminded that I just worked the night before, and Nick knows me all too well. I'm pretty much toast the next day.

4. Planning meals or family functions.

There are plenty of people that are great at this (not me). I invented the "you're on your own night." That means if you can't find your own food in the freezer or fridge you're not eating. I always keep the freezer and fridge stocked with food (it's not like anyone starves in this house).

5. Coming up with creative excuses to avoid work.

How many of you work with someone that has the most creative and outlandish stories for calling in to work? Personally, I think you should draw the line with using a family member being sick if they're not. Just saying, I think you are messing with fate here.
It's not about what you do, but what creative excuse you can come up with not to do it!

No comments: