Saturday, June 19, 2010

Week in review

My week in a nutshell, I had four days in a row off my full-time job. Three days of lectures, sims labs, and computer training, for my new job. Computer charting is going to be my biggest challenge.

It makes me think how computers have taken 
over our lives so completely that if they fail, the world as we know it ends. No gas pumps, no money, no jobs, nothing. The Internet has taken over our lives and there is no stopping it now. It makes you wonder if that is truly how it will all end. Computers run everything today. Who will survive?

Believe it or not we survived when I was younger, and we 
didn't have any of that. We went outside and rode our bikes until dark when we booked it home, because if we didn't we knew what waited for us. Can you remember the days when you got your butt spanked? Contrary to popular belief, I never died or became a violent person. In truth, it didn't affect me at all except for momentarily. I knew if I messed up my Dad would pull his belt out and give us a good whooping. Maybe I'm just old, but I remember teachers gave spankings at school too. It was always the same kid every day, and for the life of me, I can't remember why he was ever spanked in the first place. Maybe I can find him on Facebook. I still remember his name.

I also remember scandal 
too. There were these two teachers that supposedly had something going on. Maybe they didn't, but I know they got married, and she was pregnant right away, and that was in middle school. I always liked a good story.

was married for ten years to a man before we divorce. I was 21 and so damn young I didn't know what we were doing. Ten years later we outgrew each other, and he married a lovely woman eight years his senior. We never had kids and thinking back that was a blessing. 

I have grown matured and 
become a better person despite my many hardships, and believe me there were many.

No comments: