Saturday, April 30, 2011

Morbid

Morbid: characterized by or appealing to an abnormal and unhealthy interest in disturbing and unpleasant subjects, esp. death and disease he hadlong held a morbid fascination with the horrors of contemporary warfare. (the standard definition in the dictionary)
I have a friend that describes my writing as morbid, and that may be true to a point, but I am far from a morbid person. I don't think it's abnormal, unhealthy, disturbing or unpleasant to write like I do - I think it's quite normal. We all know there is a dark side to life, and I'm more than willing to write stories that take you where you'd dare not tread. 
There is a downside. I have an overactive imagination that has me thinking way too much. 
It's late: is it safe to go to the store at midnight? I looked over my shoulder the whole time (my life is that uninteresting). It will make a great Facebook post, lol.

There is a panel van parked next to my car: is there someone trapped inside that needs my help? I could swear I heard someone knocking from inside. I stopped and listened, but realized it must be my imagination. (I gave it a good second look, and tried to memorize the company name on the side).
I wonder how good a witness I'd be because I already forgot the damn name!



No comments: