Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life As I Know It

If asked if my glass is half empty or half filled, I'd have to respond by saying it is bottomless. 


I'm 47, but nobody thinks I am. They say I don't act like it either (whatever that is suppose to mean).  What do people think someone my age should act like? I'm crazy (in a good way), and I'm not afraid to be myself. I think people should laugh more and complain less. (I'm working on the complaining less part). 


If your are in the over 40 age bracket, you are expected to be mature, but in my experience, being mature is overrated, plus mature sounds way old. I'm not old, yet. Life begins at 40; you know who you are and what you want. 


I have what you'd call a hyperactive personality. It's one of the reasons I maintain the level of insanity that I do. If I stop for too long, I know I'll sink to the bottom. I have been at the bottom, and it's not a good place to be.


I'm a writer, and that has allowed me to be who I am, and write what I want. I have written a thriller, which allowed me to work out all the negative energy that was embedded into my psyche. Right now, I feel like the not so distrubia kind of person. I embrace life for what it is, and strive every day to maintain a balance between work, writing, and family. 

No comments: