Sunday, July 17, 2011

Paranormal at Barnes and Nobel

This is a true account, and I have a witness to attest to my honesty. 

While at Barnes and Nobel, I looked for Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich. I don't think it's a secret that I love her books. 

Two weeks ago they had it stock, but after her latest book had come out June 21st, it was nowhere to be found. It was on the markdown shelf for $6.98, but of course, I didn't buy it because I was hoping I'd find it Big Lots for an even $6.00. This has been the case before, but of course did they not only not have it, neither did Barnes and Nobel by the time I went back. 

I had all but given up hope until I stopped to Barnes and Nobel with my daughter today. This time I wanted to buy a Sue Grafton book. 

I scanned the bargain shelf for it, and we walked away when a book fell to the floor. This is one of those moments. I didn't drop the book, why pick it up, right? I walked over and picked it up, what other self-respecting writer wouldn't have done the same thing. 

There on the table the book fell from was Sizzling Sixteen. I told my daughter that god wanted me to have that book. I saw the strange looks from the other customers, but I don't care. I had my book. Side note: sorry Sue I'll buy your book next time because I found a drawing book for my daughter.

No comments: