Monday, March 5, 2012

Answering Tough Questions

The moment you mention you're a writer to anybody, they immediately ask you if you have been published. It's those awkward moments that make you feel like you want to crawl under a rock. I mean the general public doesn't get that you can publish your own ebook or understand much about it save what they see at Barnes and Noble. 


I'm proud to be an Indie writer, and I just wish people looked at it differently. While most understand, others still don't consider you a "real writer" unless you have been accepted by a publisher. I was accepted by a whole bunch of readers, even sold ebooks in the UK. I think that's pretty cool!


I read something interesting on Facebook today. It was a sign that said, "The only writer you should compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday."


Remember those words my writer friends, it's the only one that really counts!



No comments: