Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Senior Sleuth


I'm writing a senior sleuth. My main character is Agnes who is seventy-two and likes to think herself as a pretty conservative person, but her partner in crime Eleanor, is making it near impossible. If you spend enough time with someone, they begin to rub off on you.

Agnes prefers to spend time in her garden, but since a recent disappearance of a tourist - her mind is elsewhere. So what does she do? Everything in her power to uncover the truth that leads to more questions than answers.

Warning: extreme moments of bathroom humor.

Someone wrote that if you write about a senior you should be careful not to make them appear cartoonish. I can say with certainty that I know people like the characters I portray. Yes, they are over the top, and yes, they don't give a damn what anyone thinks. 

No comments: